Delegates joined the Productivity Club in CodeBase.
The first case study was delivered by Kieron Smith from Snap Dragon IP who have made use of interns from DataLab and outlined the benefits to businesses of engaging in the programme and hosting a student:
- Benefitting the local tech community;
- Cost-effective way to explore new technological avenues;
- Utilises experience out-with the current team’s capabilities;
- Increases the team’s knowledge;
- Enables the building of prototypes for prospective additions to our product;
The second case study was delivered by Richard Drummond from Hop Software and discussed how the development of the Hop team culture delivered a motivated team, increased sales, improved communication, and more satisfied customers.
Our final presentation was by Derek Cummings from Burness Paul LLP and focused on the organisation’s journey to creating an open culture around mental health as there are clear links to productivity and wellbeing as well as reductions in the costs associated with absence and turnover. Through work with See Me, the organisation have begun to create, embed and sustain a mentally healthy workplace culture.